Ever wonder what air fresheners are made of?

Ever wonder what air fresheners are made of?

Ever wonder what is in your air freshener?  Or ever wonder if it is safe for you or your family? I am the kind of person who likes to research everything, and educate myself on the kinds of products that I am using. After doing years of research on conventional, natural, organic, wildcrafted and therapeutic grade body products, I was shocked at how many companies body products were considered all natural or organic, when their ingredients did not reflect that at all. It always frustrated me when I would read an organic products label and it would say 70% organic! So, what about the other 30%? I want to feel confident that what I am spraying around my children, and home is perfectly safe. That is why I decided to create my own spritzers, facial scrubs and other body products, that my family could use on a daily basis. I have confidence in my products, because they are 100% organic, and 100% therapeutic grade! Anytime you purchase air fresheners, consider the fact that they most likely contain extremely harmful ingredients. Educate yourself on ingredients to stay away from, so that you can find the purest products on the market today. Here are just a few names of ingredients that you should stay away from……

  • Acetone
  • Butane
  • Isobutane (lighter fluid)
  • Petroleum gas
  • Propane
  • Benzene
  • Formaldehyde

Hopefully this list will inspire you to start researching harmful ingredients. If you want to start creating your own products, you can begin with this simple air freshener.

Homemade air freshener Supplies:

  • 8 oz spray bottle
  • 7 1/2 ounces of distilled water
  • Therapeutic grade lemon essential oil
  • Therapeutic grade geranium essential oil
  • Therapeutic grade pettigraine essential oil
  • Therapeutic grade sandalwood essential oil

 

How to create: Fill 8 oz spray bottle with the distilled water and add the 20 drops of lemon oil, 8 drops of geranium oil, 6 drops pettigraine oil and 4 drops of sandalwood oil. Shake well and shake before use…..Enjoy!

You can also find a very informative article called “What’s In Your Body Products?” which discusses the importance of using clean products.

 

Sarah Dobson 

Certified Herbalist

Nutritional Herbalist

Reiki Master, Teacher

 

 

 

Leave a Reply